Hamburger salad sounds a bit like an oxymoron, but that’s essentially what it is, so I’m going with it. You may look at it like a “deconstructed” burger as well, and that works too. If taco salad is considered a “salad” then so is this. I have to admit; with as common as taco salad is, its distant cousin hamburger salad now needs its time in the spotlight. It is simple to make, completely gluten free, and is hearty enough to fill you up. It’s also fun to make, and is one of those recipes that allows each individual the ability to personalize it. For kids with celiac disease, this would be a great option to show them that eating gluten free doesn’t have to be boring!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- Hamburger toppings of choice:
- BBQ sauce
- Brown ground beef on the stove until fully cooked through
- Add in a dash of seasoning salt and garlic powder
- Add BBQ sauce to meat – enough to give flavor
- Fry mushrooms until golden brown, set aside
- Chop tomatoes, lettuce and pickles
- Add meat to bowl – top with toppings of choice
- Serve alongside fries for a true burger & fries experience!