With the sun shining and summer just around the corner, we start wanting to take less time to cook/prep food, and more time to spend outside doing things we love! This Mexican Power Bowl is a healthy, light dish that is easy to whip up, and can be eaten on the go, or on the deck. There is no need to turn on the oven, and only requires a quick use of the stove, and otherwise is all chopping and mixing, easy!
This is perfect for warmer weather as well, as it can be eaten cold and is refreshing on a hot day. It is packed with flavor and protein, and it will fill you up without making you feel heavy or guilty! It has so many good things inside it, and is naturally gluten-free too! You be fueled up and ready to take on those summer sports or bike rides!
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup grated marble cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Hot sauce (to taste)
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime (only need one wedge)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning (I used Coop brand, just double check it is gluten-free)
- Cook quinoa as per package instructions, set aside
- Drain and rinse the black beans
- Chop tomatoes, cilantro, avocado
- Mix sour cream with taco seasoning and set aside
- Add quinoa to bowl and top with all other ingredients – that’s it!