With the legalization of marijuana coming, hemp and cannabis products have gotten a lot of exposure. What people might not know is that hemp products aren’t the new kids on the block. I’ve been using my favourite hemp cream for probably 15 years now. And about 10 years ago I was introduced to hemp hearts by a personal trainer. So when True North Cannabis reached out asking us to give their hearts a whirl, I happily obliged.
So what exactly are hemp hearts?
Hemp hearts are shelled hemp seeds and are filled with essential fatty acids and protein. They’re also jam packed with vitamins and minerals. No – they don’t smell like marijuana. They’re like the sweet, innocent little sister of the marijuana plant. Completely legal and very good for you!
Here’s the nitty gritty on True North Cannabis Hemp Seeds:
- Unrefined good fats
- Fresh omega-3, 6, and 9 oils from Hemp
- 100% plant-based (vegan)
- Made with sustainable ingredients
- Packaged in glass
- Take 1 tbsp or more daily, mixed into foods or smoothies
- Not to be used when cooking with high heat
These amazing little hearts are perfect for throwing in smoothies, yogurt or on salads. My go to breakfast smoothie isn’t complete without them!
- 10 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp True North Cannabis Hemp Hearts
Give this recipe a try then head over to https://www.truenorthcannabis.com/ for more ideas and information!
Kristen from GFYYC