Not every meal ideal or recipe needs to be complicated. In fact, this is a SIMPLE side dish, as so many people struggle with what sides to serve at meals. This is also one of those dishes that some people may have been hearing a lot about lately, but who aren’t sure how to incorporate it into their normal cooking routine. And lastly, as it’s January, and many people are trying to take small steps to healthier eating, it is an easy side that can replace potatoes or rice, without anyone knowing…at a fraction of the calories. Kids will love it (if they even notice the difference), and it is naturally gluten free!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon milk and/or butter
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces
- Place cauliflower into a pot that is large enough to ensure it is covered with water
- Bring cauliflower to a rolling boil on the stove and continue to boil until cauliflower is soft (check with a fork)
- Drain water from pot
- Add in butter and/or milk and any seasonings preferred
- Mash with a potato masher
Serve alongside a protein such as chicken or salmon, and some greens, and you’ve got yourself an easy, healthy weekday meal!